Licensing and Forms

Training and Professional Development

  • Professional Development and Online Training
    Find professional development classes and online training materials. Includes materials on including increasing your program’s capacity, nutrition and choking, SIDS, and transportation safety.
  • Peer Assistance and Coaching (PAC)
    Learn about Massachusetts’s PAC, a colleague-to-colleague support program for educators from early education up through high school.

Early Intervention Services


Preparation, Requirements, and Standards


  • Office of Educator Licensure
    Learn about the various types of licenses issued, how to contact us, and access helpful guides and forms.
  • ELAR Portal
    Access your Educator Licensure and Renewal (ELAR) account to apply for or check the status of a license.
  • Requirements and Licensure Information
    Get licensing information for teachers, administration, and support personnel as well as out-of-state candidates.
  • Register for an Educator License Test
    Register for and schedule a test through Massachusetts Tests for Educator Licensure (MTEL) and request alternative testing arrangements.

Educator Evaluation

  • Department of Higher Education (DHE)
    The DHE coordinates the Commonwealth’s system of public higher education, and serves a role of consumer protection and licensing for the approval of academic programs at independent institutions chartered after 1943.

College & University Administration

  • Academic Program Approval & Review
    The Board of Higher Education coordinates the review and approval of new academic programs at Massachusetts public colleges and universities, independent institutions chartered after 1943, and out-of-state institutions seeking to offer courses for college credit in Massachusetts.
  • Financial Aid
    Find tools and information for managing students with financial aid, including roster management, processing tools, and information on year-end reporting and reimbursement.
  • Veterans Education
    Before an institution can train veterans under the GI Bill program, the Department of Higher Education must approve both the institution and program(s) in which veterans will be enrolled.

Tools for Campus Faculty & Staff

Early Childhood

Early Intervention Services


Adult Basic Education (ABE)

Higher Education