Browse the Massachusetts Public Higher Education System

Online Options


College and University Administration

  • New Institutions
    Independent institutions of higher education (for-profit, non-profit and out-of-state institutions seeking to operate in Massachusetts) must submit a proposal, necessary fee, and petition to the Board of Higher Education.
  • Program Approval at Existing Institutions
    The Board of Higher Education serves a role of consumer protection and coordinates the review and approval of new academic programs at independent institutions chartered after 1943 and out-of-state institutions seeking to offer courses for college credit in Massachusetts.
  • Closed Institutions
    Massachusetts law requires any closing institution to notify the Board of Higher Education of its intention to close as far as possible in advance.

In-State Tuition

Transferring Credit

  • MassTransfer
    MassTransfer streamlines the transfer process and maximizes transfer credit within the Massachusetts public higher education system. If you complete your associate’s degree before attending a state university or University of Massachusetts campus, you will also be eligible for additional benefits and financial aid.
  • Degrees Under $30K
    Some public community colleges and four-year institutions have teamed up to offer associate and bachelor's degrees that cost $30,000 or less.

Find Your Records

  • Records from Closed Institutions
    Find the record holder for closed degree-granting colleges and universities in Massachusetts.

Apply for Federal or State Aid

Financial Aid Advice

Veteran Support

  • Veterans Education
    Find information about the GI Bill and other state and federal programs that support veterans in higher education.
  • National Scholarships for Veterans
    Find out what scholarships you may be eligible for as a U.S. veteran.
  • VALOR Act
    Find out where you may be eligible for academic credits for your military training, coursework, and experience.