- $4 Billion in awards to state agencies
- $ 1.9 Billion spent
- $1.3 Billion spent on direct benefits (Unemployment Insurance, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Medicaid, and other Safety Net Programs)
- $508 Million spent on programs and infrastructure projects through state agencies
- Top 10 in the Nation* for percentage of announced funds spent
- 8,792** direct full time equivalent (FTEs) jobs created or retained
- 23,533 actual individual workers employed
- 11,767 estimated indirect jobs created or retained
- 35,300 estimated total employment impact (23,533 direct and 11,767 indirect)***
- Nearly 2,800,000 citizen beneficiaries of recovery program spending in areas of education, Medicaid, unemployment benefits and workforce development programs
*Figure calculated from values provided by recovery.gov as of October 28, 2009.
**Impact of all awards to state agencies, including those not subject to federal reporting. The FTE number for OMB reported awards is 8,753.
***Using a multiplier of 1.5