The Treasury is committed to providing the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and it's constituents news, updates, and resources beyond the traditional airwaves of communication. We actively practice several types of Social Media to disperse information and engage communication with Massachusetts.
See how we use:
Please note that your use of these tools is pursuant to Record Retention Laws of the Commonwealth.
You can follow us on Twitter at twitter/MASSTreasury
- This is the Official Twitter Account for the Office of the State Treasury
- We follow people back who follow us. If you'd rather we not, send us a direct message and we'll be happy to comply.
- The account is maintained and monitored by a combination of the Treasurer and the Communications Office.
- The Treasury will not respond via Twitter to press inquiries or other constituent matters. If you have a press inquiry or constituent matter please contact our main office at 617-367-6900.
- While we hope to engage in conversations on Twitter, we don't anticipate we will be able to respond to questions on Twitter. We don't have the staff resources to do so. If you have a question, concern or comment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To ensure that everyone's opinions and ideas are heard, feedback on Twitter is incorporated with feedback from public meetings, email, letters, phone calls, and in-person visits.
You can view Treasury Photos at www.flickr.com/photos/MASSTreasury
The Massachusetts State Treasury uses Flickr to bring you up to date photos of Treasury wide events.
If you intend to use any photos from our Flickr account please cite our office appropriately:
Photo courtesy of Massachusetts State Treasury.
The Massachusetts State Treasury uses Facebook to promote different Departments and Programs the Treasury offers. There is no designated Massachusetts State Treasury Facebook account, rather multiple Treasury Facebook pages.
- Each Facebook page is maintained and operated by the Department that has created it. All pages are overseen by the Communications Department and Social Media Coordinator.
- The Treasury, nor its departments, will not respond via Facebook to press inquiries or other constituent matters. If you have a press inquiry or constituent matter please contact our main office at 617-367-6900.
- While we hope to engage in conversations on Facebook, the conversations will be informatively based. If you have a pressing or urgent matter please contact our office or email us at email@example.com.
We offer an RSS feed of the News and Updates section of our Main page. Here, we feature Press Releases, upcoming registrations for events, and the Treasurer's weekly schedule.
If you are unfamiliar with RSS Feeds and how to use them, please visit What is RSS?
Record Retention Law
Please note, that Records Retention Law of the Commonwealth requires the Mass.Gov portal team to preserve records created or received by a state employee. Pursuant to this retention requirement comments posted or messages received via an official state agency page on a third-party web-site (such as an official agency profile on a social network) will be treated as state governmental records and may be permanently archived.
Information that you submit voluntarily through social media sites associated with this agency where such information is publically available, including your name, city or town, and the substance of anything that you post may be disseminated further by being posted online at this website or be publicly discussed by a member of the administration.