- The State Treasurer’s Office is preparing for a sale of General Obligation Bonds that has been tentatively scheduled for the week of January 14th. As General Obligation bonds, the bonds will be secured by the state’s full faith and credit pledge
- The bond sale is expected to include only refunding bonds
- The bonds are expected to be sold as variable rate bonds whose interest rates will be based on changes to the SIFMA Index
- The size of the bond financing will be determined in the next few days but is expected to be approximately $230.54 million. The State Treasurer’s Office expects to mail a Preliminary Official Statement (POS) on Wednesday, January 9th (preliminary and subject to change)
- Please check back to this site for further details and as they become available, including the POS
The Debt Management department is committed to improving our services, including what we communicate on our website. We welcome your comments and suggestions for improvements to our web pages. To be notified automatically of future bond sales and other Massachusetts bond investor news, please subscribe to our Debt Management Mailing List.
Last Updated: 1/9/2013
Disclaimer: The information is provided for quick reference only and is not an exhaustive compilation of information for any particular bond issue. It does not purport to present full and fair disclosure with respect to Commonwealth of Massachusetts debt within the meaning of applicable securities laws.