Appointment to be made by the Treasurer
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in the Massachusetts Gaming Commission. On November 22, 2011, Governor Patrick signed into law “An Act Establishing Expanded Gaming in The Commonwealth,” codified at Chapter 194 of the Acts of 2011. Under the new law, one Gaming Commission member is to be chosen by the Treasurer and Receiver-General (Treasurer). G.L. c. 23K, § 3.
If you wish to be considered for this appointment, you must complete the Treasurer's Application for Gaming Commissioner Appointment. This application may be downloaded here.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION: This appointment requires by statute experience in corporate finance and securities. See G.L. c. 23K, § 3. If you do not meet these threshold requirements, you should not submit an application for an appointment to the Commission.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE COMPLETING APPLICATION: By statute, see G.L. c. 23K, § 3, in order to be eligible to become a Gaming Commission Member, you must:
- Not have been convicted of a felony;
- Be a resident of the Commonwealth within 90 days of appointment;
- While serving on the Commission, not hold or be a candidate for federal, state, or local elected office;
- While serving on the Commission, not hold an appointed office in a federal, state, or local government; and
- While serving on the Commission, not serve as an official in a political party.
If you do not/will not meet these threshold requirements, you should not submit an application for an appointment to the Commission.
Additional instructions for submitting the application are in the application itself. If you have any questions about the application, please contact Kim Wong at email@example.com or 617- 367-9333 ext. 251.