If you are a member of the State Police Department, a judge, a correction officer seeking a "20/50" retirement, or would like an estimate for a Section 10(2) (termination allowance) or disability retirement, contact the retirement board for more information.
Please note that actual pension amounts can ONLY be calculated at the time of retirement under M.G.L. c.32.
Generally, retirement benefits are based on four factors:
- Your age
- Your years of creditable service
- The average of your three highest consecutive years' salaries
- Your group classification (Group class is determined by the State Board of Retirement at time of retirement)
Retirement Allowance Options
- Option A - Full retirement allowance, all benefits stop upon your death.
- Option B - Reduced (1-5% less than Option A) retirement allowance, beneficiary receives lump sum payment of the balance of your annuity upon your death.
- Option C - Reduced (7-15% less than Option A) retirement allowance. Upon your death, beneficiary receives monthly retirement allowance based on their age for the remainder of their lifetime.
By using this calculator, I understand that the Massachusetts State Employees' Retirement System is not bound by estimates given.