WELCOME HOME – Chapter 130 Acts of 2005 & Chapter 132 Acts of 2009
Eligible service dates: September 11, 2001 – PRESENT
- Six months domicile in Massachusetts immediately prior to entry into the Armed Forces beginning: September 11, 2001.
- Discharge must be under honorable conditions.
- 1st time active service in Iraq or Afghanistan: $1000 (one time)
- 1st time 6 months stateside active service (Active service shall not include active duty for training in the Army National Guard, Air National Guard or reserves.): $500 (one time) or 1st time 6 months foreign active service OCONUS, AK & HI: $500. The law allows eligible individuals to receive either $500 stateside bonus or $500 overseas bonus.
- Subsequent Iraq or Afghanistan: $500
- Subsequent 6 months foreign service OCONUS, AK & HI: $250