Where do I get the Certificate of Residency signed and sealed?
- If this is your first time applying for the bonus, you must go to the city or town hall that you resided in 6 months – 1 year prior to your entry into the military (i.e. if you enlisted between January 2010 and May 2010, the year of residency we need is 2009; or if you enlisted between June 2010 and December 2010, the year of residency we need is 2010.)
- If you are reservist or member of the National Guard and this is a subsequent bonus, please have the certificate of residence for your home of record filled out according to your latest deployment. If this is for multiple subsequent bonuses, have it filled out for each deployment.
- If you are applying for multiple subsequent bonuses, have a certificate of residency filled out for each applicable deployment.
If I am living out of state and unable to go to my city/town hall or my city/town cannot find me registered, what should I do?
- First, contact your local VSO or city/town clerk to see if they will allow for someone in your family to have the Certificate of Residency filled out for you.
- We accept copies of W2 tax statements, excise tax statements, or LES (Leave and Earnings Statements).
- If you enlisted within a year after graduating from high school, we will accept a copy of your diploma or a GED.