The Adobe® Reader® software is required to view and print these forms, you may need to first download and then install the free Adobe® Reader® software in order to use these form downloads.
|□ Application page|
|□ Proof of deployment* (if applicable)|
|□ Certificate of Residency|
|□ Commanding Officer Form|
|□ Military ID (copy)|
- Massachusetts residency
- First-time applicants – Chapter 130, Acts of 2005: Six months domicile in Massachusetts immediately prior to most recent enlistment/commission into the Armed Forces.
- Subsequent applicants – Chapter 132, Acts of 2009: Six months domicile in Massachusetts immediately prior to most recent tour/deployment.
- Service criteria
- First-time applicants – At least 6 months of active service* either stateside or overseas and/or one or more days in Iraq or Afghanistan on or after September 11, 2001.
- Subsequent applicants – At least 6 months of active service* overseas on or after September 11, 2001 and/or one or more days of active service in Iraq or Afghanistan.
- Characterization of service
- All service must be characterized as Honorable.
* Active service shall not include active duty for training in the Army National Guard, Air National Guard, those in the Naval Academy or active duty for training as a reservist in the armed forces of the United States. You must also be activated under Title 10, not Title 32.
First-time Applicants Subsequent Applicants Iraq or Afghanistan: $1000 Iraq or Afghanistan: $500 6+ months stateside or overseas: $500 6+ months overseas: $250 (may be eligible for both first-time bonuses) (may be eligible for each subsequent deployment)