The best place for you to go for help with other questions is to your local Veterans' Services Officer (VSO), who works out of your local City or Town Hall. The VSO's job is to help veterans learn about, apply for, and in some cases, receive benefits. VSOs are veterans themselves and are knowledgeable about an array of federal, state, and local benefits to which you may be entitled. Your VSO can help you fill out application forms for the benefits listed in this booklet.
  • To contact your VSO, call City/Town Hall and ask to be connected with "Veterans' Services."
  • A complete list of VSOs is also available on the Department of Veterans' Services website at or by calling (617) 210-5480.

(Welcome Home, 3rd edition, April 2010.)