• VA Benefits and Services

    The federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers compensation and pension benefits to certain veterans.
  • Military servicemembers receive expedited processing of Social Security disability claims

    Military servicemembers can receive expedited processing of disability claims from Social Security. Benefits available through Social Security are different than those from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and require a separate application.
  • Servicemembers Civil Relief Act

    The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act provides legal protections to persons serving active duty in the armed forces and their dependents.
  • DoD Implements Retroactive Stop Loss Special Pay

    The Defense Department provides retroactive stop loss special pay to active, reserve and former servicemembers who had their enlistment extended or retirement suspended due to stop loss are eligible for this special pay, if they served on active duty between Sept. 11, 2001 and Sept. 30, 2009.