The Defense Department will provide retroactive stop loss special pay. Active, reserve and former servicemembers who had their enlistment extended or retirement suspended due to stop loss are eligible for this special pay, if they served on active duty between Sept. 11, 2001 and Sept. 30, 2009.


Applications for retroactive stop loss pay must be received before October 21, 2011.

How to Apply

Servicemembers must provide documented proof they were stop-lossed with their claim. Family members of deceased servicemembers should contact the appropriate military service for assistance in filing their claim.