Veterans can quickly determine which medals they earned by examining their military discharge forms (DD-214, WD 53-35, NAVPERS, etc.). Listed on the form are all the medals the final military unit deemed the veteran was authorized to possess at the time of discharge.

Veterans may request replacement of medals which have been lost, stolen, destroyed or rendered unfit through no fault of the recipient. Requests may also be filed for awards that were earned but, for any reason, were never issued to the service member. The next-of-kin of deceased veterans may also make the request.

Use Standard Form 180, Request Pertaining to Military Records when applying.

For more information or assistance, contact your local Veterans' Service Officer (VSO) at City/Town Hall.