Veterans discharged to Massachusetts can obtain a copy of their military records by contacting the Military War Records Office of the Adjutant General. The Military War Records Office converted all records to electronic format for easier access.

Restricted online access to military records is available for authorized users, such as Veterans' Services Officers and funeral directors. Users are required to have a user ID and password in order to access military records. Visit the website to request a user ID and password.

Veterans can also visit their local Veterans' Service Officer (VSO) or the central office of the Department of Veterans' Services (600 Washington Street, Suite 1100 in Boston) to request a copy of their DD214. Local VSOs and DVS staff will access DD214s online and print them for veterans who present photo ID. 

Military Records Request Form  pdf format of Military Records Request Form


Military War Records Office
P.O Box 309
Milford, MA 01757
Phone: 508-422-1993
Fax: 508-422-1997