- Early submission of enrollment certifications is essential to timely payment.
- A Certificate of Eligibility is not required for submission of the enrollment certification. If a student has provided any documentation to show that he or she is a veteran or dependent that is likely entitled to benefits, an enrollment certification should be submitted as soon as the student enrolls in classes.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill brought a new dimension to VA education benefits that now involves schools' business offices. Many payment issues can be addressed by the school's certifying official.
- It is critical to VA's processing that students are correctly identified as chapter 33 participants to prevent misrouting of claims.
- Correct direct deposit information is essential for accurate payment routing. If the school's deposit account information changes the school VA certifying official should notify their Education Liaison Representative immediately.
for Eastern Region-
VA Regional Office
PO Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616