Job Training and Employment
Job Training and Employment assists veterans to achieve their employment goals. Experienced employment specialists provide on-going support to increase each veteran's skill-set in order to secure employment.
Training is tailored to an individual's interests and includes the following services:
- Training in high demand Microsoft Office software applications
- Writing effective resumes, preparing for interviews
- Internships and practical workplace experience
The employment specialist will:
- Work with individuals to secure interviews
- Provide information on current trends in the job market
- Offer an individualized, comprehensive approach to support people while they find and keep a competitive job.
Assistive technology helps people with disabilities expand their independence by providing high and low technology tools and expertise to access education, jobs and their community. Care Coordination helps to identify needs and offer solutions to ensure independence. Easter Seals offers consultation, evaluation and training for computer access, job accommodations and Electronic Aids to Daily Living. Easter Seals Assistive Technology staff has over 20 years of "hands on" experience to develop the best solution for veterans.
Assistive Technology Regional Center
People with disabilities can see, touch and borrow assistive technology devices to make more informed decisions regarding the technology that will meet their needs.
Assistive Technology Loan Program: An Alternative Financing Program
This program provides access to low interest cash loans for the purchase of assistive devices and services to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.