RAFT (Residential Assistance to Families in Transition)

RAFT (Residential Assistance to Families in Transition) is a state-funded homelessness prevention program. RAFT gives short-term financial assistance to low-income families who are homeless or at-risk of becoming homeless.

Families can get up to $3,000 for help with bills or moving costs. Eligible expenses include: rent, mortgage payments, utility bills, security deposits on new apartments, utility start-up costs, or the first/last month’s rent. 

Regional non-profit housing agencies (RNPs) are in charge of the RAFT program at the local level. 

To apply for RAFT, you should contact the RNP or Housing Consumer Education Center (HCEC) that serves your city or town. To find your RNP or HCEC, call 800-224-5124.

Tenancy Preservation Program

The Tenancy Preservation Program (TPP), created by MassHousing, works to prevent homelessness among veterans with disabilities. TPP acts as a neutral party between landlord and tenant, and provides clinical consultation services to the Housing Court.

For more information, call 617-854-1089 or visit www.masshousing.com.