- Review all fact sheets to familiarize yourself with the legislation. Your team may wish to choose only 1 or 2 of the bills that you would like to advocate for.
- Choose a spokesperson for your team.
- Each team member should fill out a half sheet with the legislator’s name and your name – paper clip all sheets to the front of the folder holding materials. Be sure to have this folder ready as your enter the legislator’s office.
- State your name and that you are in the State House for Women’s Advocacy Day. Ask to speak with Sen. _____ or Rep. ______ or their legislative aide if the legislator is not available. If nobody is available, ask if you can leave a folder of materials with the office.
- Ask if they have any questions, and answer them honestly. If you cannot answer a question, that is OKAY. Write the question on the Exit Survey and let them know that a MCSW staff member will be in touch with them.
- Once you’re finished with the meeting, thank them for their time and be sure to leave the folder of materials.
People also viewed...
You recently viewed...
Personalization is OFF. Your personal browsing history at Mass.gov is not visible because your personalization is turned off. To view your history, turn your personalization on.
Learn more on our .
*Recommendations are based on site visitor traffic patterns and are not endorsements of that content.