Important Update About Court Service Centers

Court Service Centers locations are closed to the public until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak, but remote services are available via Zoom Meeting for emergency cases, and some non-emergency matters.

Updated: Feb. 10th, 2021, 10:00 am

The Court Service Centers are giving priority to the following types of cases:

  • 209A Abuse Prevention Orders (restraining orders)
  • 258E Harassment Prevention Orders
  • Commitments (Section 35 and 12)
  • Emergency Guardianship of an Incapacitated Person
  • Emergency Guardianship of Minor
  • Emergency Probate and Family Court filings relating to custody/parenting time/child support 
  • Emergency Modifications of Child Support (varies by county)
  • Answer and Discovery forms for eviction complaints 
  • Housing Temporary Restraining Orders
  • Housing motions to vacate default entered since March 1, 2020
  • Housing motions to vacate a dismissal for failure to appear entered since March 1, 2020
  • Housing motions to stay an execution

If you are facing any of these issues, you can join the daily Zoom Meeting to receive help with legal information, court forms, and referrals to legal and community-based organizations. Before you call, please click here to learn what information you will need to receive assistance.

Here is how you can join a Court Service Center through Zoom:

Court Service Centers are available from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday. After 12:00 p.m., if you have questions about your current court case or you want to start a new case, please call the Trial Court Help Line or contact your local courthouse.

For additional legal information and out-of-court resources:

Please go to the Court Self-Help page to find information about court processes and how to complete court forms. You can also go to our Law Libraries to get access to additional legal information and/or chat with a law librarian. For information about other remote services please go to the Court's Remote Court Services page.

For out-of-court resources, you can visit the Legal Resource Finder.