19th Annual Workers' Compensation Law Conference 2018
Overview of 19th Annual Workers' Compensation Law Conference 2018
In the ever-evolving legal world, it is essential to keep up-to-date with substantive, procedural, and administrative developments impacting the practice of workers’ compensation law. As a result, MCLE is proud to again sponsor its 19th Annual Workers’ Compensation Law Conference 2018. This day-long Conference features experienced practitioners in the workers’ compensation field who, together with judges from the Department of Industrial Accidents and prominent medical experts, provide you with relevant, comprehensive information on the hottest topics and issues affecting this dynamic practice area.
Practitioners attending this Conference not only learn about recent cases and legislation pertaining to workers’ compensation law and its practice, but also have the opportunity to choose from a variety of breakout sessions covering topics such as dealing with alternative protocols in pain management treatment, appellate practice before the DIA, dealing with the irrational, delusional, or suicidal client, and coordination with other benefits. This year, we are also extremely honored to hear Featured Speaker, Emily Spieler, Professor and Dean Emerita at Northeastern School of Law, share her thoughts on the state of workers’ compensation in the United States. Further, this year’s featured discussion offers “Sixty Tips in Sixty Minutes”, which spotlights five veteran attorneys and judges who share quick answers to sixty tips for practitioners. And as in the past, Senior Judge Omar Hernández provides an update on the state of affairs at the DIA.
The breadth of the Conference’s topics offers something for everyone who practices
workers’ compensation law. Bring your questions and join the dialogue!
- 9:00 am–9:15 am Welcome & Introduction
- 9:15 am–10:30 am Recent Case Law and Legislative Update
- 10:30 am–10:45 am Networking & Refreshment Break
- 10:45 am–11:00 am Update on National Issues of Local Concern
- 11:00 am–11:30 am Featured Address: Looking Through a Broader Lens - The State of Workers’ Compensation in the U.S.
- 11:30 am–12:30 pm Featured Discussion: Sixty Tips in Sixty Minutes
- 12:30 pm–1:30 pm Lunch Break (on your own)
- 1:30 pm–1:45 pm DIA Update
- 1:45 pm–3:15 pm Breakout Session I (choose one)
- Dealing with Alternative Protocols in Pain Management Treatment
- Appellate Practice Before the D.I.A. and Higher Courts
- 3:15 pm–3:30 pm Networking & Refreshment Break
- 3:30 pm–5:00 pm Breakout Session II (choose one)
- Dealing with the Irrational, Delusional, or Suicidal Client
- Coordination with Other Benefits
- 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm Networking Reception for Faculty & Registrants