Adaptive summer sports program on the Charles River in Waltham
Contact for Adaptive summer sports program on the Charles River in Waltham
Overview of Adaptive summer sports program on the Charles River in Waltham
AccesSportAmerica’s Summer Sports Program offers an exciting mix of programs for all abilities and all ages. Each sport is adapted to fit every individual’s unique needs, and every athlete will be actively involved in the chosen sport.
On site are five AccesSport certified trainers as well as interns and volunteers. Athletes can sign up as an individual or programs & agencies can send groups. Individual sessions include up to four athletes, and group sessions will have 6–10 athletes.
AccesSportAmerica can help anyone of any ability actively participate and find the compelling athlete inside. Get some great exercise while enjoying the summer sun!
- Windsurfing: Seated and standing adaptations with a full range of tandem, catamaran, and single boards.
- Hawaiian outrigger canoeing: Three, four person canoes with paddle adaptations.
- Stand up paddling: Single, double and 8 person stand up boards with seats and standers.
- Kayaking: Single and double kayaks with adaptive paddles.
- Rowing: A drop-in single rowing setup with room for a trainer.
- Cycling: Over 20 recumbent, upright, tandem, foot and hand cycles.
- Tennis: Adaptive standing and wheelchair tennis skills taught on beautiful courts beside the water site.
This is a UAP supported program. Supported programs take place at a DCR facility, but are run by an independent organization.