- Posted: May 18, 2020 3:04 p.m.
- Last Updated: September 16, 2020 4:48 p.m.
Public Meeting Notice Massachusetts Merged Market Advisory Council Meeting
Overview of Massachusetts Merged Market Advisory Council Meeting
The Merged Market Advisory Council, authorized by Executive Order 589, will hold a meeting on May 20, 2020, at 1:00 PM. Due to Governor Baker’s Coronavirus Executive Order, the scheduled meeting is going to be held via telephone. Interested parties wishing to listen to the meeting should dial (877)-820-7831 and use access code = 623523#
The topics to be discussed during the meeting of the Merged Market Advisory Council will be the following:
- Call to order
- Actions taken through May 18, 2020 by the DOI in response to the COVID-19 public health crisis.
- Latest merged market membership numbers indicating membership in February, March and April of 2020.
- Consideration of a recommendation that the Division update 211 CMR 40.00 – Marketing of Insured Health Plans to address:
- Illegal health plans
- Confusion about coverage for limited benefit plans (e.g., hospital indemnity, cancer only products)
- Confusion about Sharing Ministry Plans
5. Other business – reserved for matters the Chair did not reasonably anticipate at the time of the posting of the meeting and agenda