- This page, MCPPO Designation Renewal (Blended Class), is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
MCPPO Designation Renewal (Blended Class)
Contact for MCPPO Designation Renewal (Blended Class)
Office of the Inspector General - OIG Academy
Overview of MCPPO Designation Renewal (Blended Class)
This class is for everyone who wants to retain their MCPPO designation.
This online class consists of a three-week self-paced class and a one-day live webinar. The class includes a pre-test to determine the pathway assigned. Pathways include a procurement topic refresher and one that assumes procurement knowledge. You must complete both the three-week self-paced class and the one-day live webinar to obtain credit.
The class will focus on public purchasing principles, best practices, and developing and administering effective contracts. The class will include a review of the designer selection laws, construction bid laws and Chapter 30B. Also, instructors will present updates on other procurement-related laws and discuss relevant cases. The MCPPO Designation Renewal class incorporates knowledge checks throughout the program and concludes with a quiz.
- Prerequisite: Valid MCPPO Designation
- Class Level: Advanced
- Instructional Method: Self-paced and Online - OIG Academy Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- Credits: 14
- Sept. 18 - Oct. 10, 2023 and Nov. 21, 2023 (1-day Advanced Topics class) - Registration is closed (FULL).
- Oct. 23 - Nov. 13, 2023 and Nov. 21, 2023 (1-day Advanced Topics class)
- Nov. 20 - Dec. 11, 2023 and Dec. 19, 2023 (1-day Advanced Topics class)
- Jan. 29 - Feb. 20, 2024 and April 3, 2023 (1-day Advanced Topics class)
- March 4 - March 25, 2024 and April 3, 2023 (1-day Advanced Topics class)
- April 8 - April 24, 2024 and June 20, 2024 (1-day Advanced Topics class)
- May 20 - June 10, 2024 and June 20, 2024 (1-day Advanced Topics class)
Part 1: Self-paced three-week class
Part 2: Advanced Topics online
- Registration closes two weeks before the self-paced portion of the class starts.
- You will automatically be registered for both parts of the blended class.
- Blackboard® or other virtual platform login details will be emailed to registrants.
- Public purchasing principles
- Designer selection law
- Construction bid laws
- Chapter 30B review and updates
- Evaluation of bidder responsibility
- Effective contract administration
- Effective contract drafting
- Case studies