- This page, Navigating Vocational Rehabilitation for Applicants and Consumers, is offered by
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
Navigating Vocational Rehabilitation for Applicants and Consumers
Overview of Navigating Vocational Rehabilitation for Applicants and Consumers
Join the Client Assistance Program staff for an interactive presentation to learn about navigating vocational rehabilitation (VR) services. We will cover the purpose of the VR program and the role of each party (consumer and VR agency staff) in implementing services to reach an employment goal, how to recognize when something might be going wrong, and how to get back on track. To help participants better understand the VR process, we will review a hypothetical Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) and experience how services are selected to meet their goal employment. Come ready to interact and bring any questions you have.
Target Audience: Individuals with disabilities applying for or currently receiving vocational rehabilitation services, their families, and VR stakeholders
- Gain a basic understanding of VR
- Recognize the importance of the employment goal and IPE and their role in determining VR services
- Learn basic strategies for navigating the VR process
- Learn how the Client Assistance Program assists individuals with disabilities in the VR process
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.