- This page, Navigating Vocational Rehabilitation for Parents and Youth, is offered by
- Massachusetts Office on Disability
Navigating Vocational Rehabilitation for Parents and Youth
Overview of Navigating Vocational Rehabilitation for Parents and Youth
Join the Client Assistance Program staff for an interactive presentation to learn about navigating vocational rehabilitation (VR) services. The workshop will cover the purpose of the VR program and the role of each party (consumer and VR agency staff) in implementing services to reach an employment goal. We will also discuss how parents support the process, the unwritten expectations of the consumer and the VR agency, how to recognize when something might be going wrong, and how to get back on track. Come ready to interact and bring any questions you have.
Target Audience: Students and youth with disabilities ages 14 up to their 22nd birthday, their families, Pre-ETS stakeholders, special education personnel
- Gain a basic understanding of VR and Pre-Employment Transition Services
- Learn about how VR services work from both the consumer and agency perspectives
- Learn how to spot when services might be off track
- Learn how the Client Assistance Program assists youth with disabilities and their families in the VR process
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.