- Posted: July 2, 2021 11:30 a.m.
- Last Updated: September 7, 2021 9:41 a.m.
- This page, Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (July 7, 2021), is offered by
- POST Commission
Public Meeting Notice Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (July 7, 2021)
Overview of Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (July 7, 2021)
July 2, 2021
In accordance with Sections 18-25 of Chapter 30A of the Massachusetts General Laws and An Act Extending Certain COVID-19 Measures Adopting During the State of Emergency, notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission. The meeting will take place as noted below.
PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING COMMISSION
July 7, 2021
Remote Participation via Zoom
Meeting ID: 952 7211 9417
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Minutes of June 16, 2021
3. Approval of Minutes of June 23, 2021
4. Approval of Minutes of June 30, 2021
5. Discussion of Proposed Rules and Regulations Under Section 15(d): “The commission and the municipal police training committee established pursuant to section 116 of chapter 6 shall jointly promulgate rules and regulations for the use of force by law enforcement officers consistent with this section and section 14; provided, however, that such regulations may authorize the use of necessary, proportionate and non-deadly force for purposes not explicitly specified in this chapter where de-escalation tactics have been attempted and failed or are not feasible based on the totality of the circumstances.”
6. New Business the Chair Did Not Anticipate at the Time of Posting
Zoom Recording of Public Meeting - July 7, 2021 - Click Here