- Posted: June 11, 2021 1 p.m.
- Last Updated: July 8, 2021 4:35 p.m.
- This page, Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 16, 2021), is offered by
- POST Commission
Public Meeting Notice Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 16, 2021)
Overview of Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 16, 2021)
June 11, 2021
In accordance with Sections 18-25 of Chapter 30A of the Massachusetts General Laws notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission. The meeting will take place as noted below.
PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING COMMISSION
June 16, 2021
101 Federal Street, 12th Floor
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA
- Call to Order
- Vote to Adopt Remote Participation
- Approval of Minutes of June 2, 2021 Meeting
- Vote to Create a Screening Committee to Review Applications for Executive Director
- Discussion of Statutory Responsibility Under Section 119: “Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, not later than June 30, 2021, the Massachusetts peace officer standards and training commission established in section 2 of chapter 6E shall issue guidance on developmentally appropriate de-escalation and disengagement tactics, techniques and procedures and other alternatives to the use of force for minor children that may take into account contextual factors including, but not limited to, the person’s age, disability status, developmental status, mental health, linguistic limitations or other mental or physical condition.”
- Presentation by Lisa Thurau and David Walker from Strategies for Youth
- Presentation by Commissioners Bluestone, Luma, and Wynn
- New Business the Chair Did Not Anticipate at the Time of Posting