- Posted: June 25, 2021 5:15 p.m.
- Last Updated: July 8, 2021 4:47 p.m.
- This page, Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 30, 2021), is offered by
- POST Commission
Public Meeting Notice Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 30, 2021)
Overview of Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission meeting (June 30, 2021)
June 25, 2021
In accordance with Sections 18-25 of Chapter 30A of the Massachusetts General Laws and An Act Extending Certain COVID-19 Measures Adopting During the State of Emergency, notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission. The meeting will take place as noted below.
PEACE OFFICER STANDARDS AND TRAINING COMMISSION
June 30, 2021
Remote Participation via Zoom
Meeting ID: 986 8132 9924
PUBLIC MEETING AGENDA
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of Guidance Pursuant to Section 119: “Notwithstanding any general or special law to the contrary, not later than June 30, 2021, the Massachusetts peace officer standards and training commission established in section 2 of chapter 6E shall issue guidance on developmentally appropriate de-escalation and disengagement tactics, techniques and procedures and other alternatives to the use of force for minor children that may take into account contextual factors including, but not limited to, the person’s age, disability status, developmental status, mental health, linguistic limitations or other mental or physical condition.”
3. Discussion of Statutory Responsibility Under Section 15(d): “The commission and the municipal police training committee established pursuant to section 116 of chapter 6 shall jointly promulgate rules and regulations for the use of force by law enforcement officers consistent with this section and section 14; provided, however, that such regulations may authorize the use of necessary, proportionate and non-deadly force for purposes not explicitly specified in this chapter where de-escalation tactics have been attempted and failed or are not feasible based on the totality of the circumstances.”
4. New Business the Chair Did Not Anticipate at the Time of Posting
Zoom Recording of Public Meeting - June 30, 2021 - Click Here