- This page, Public Contracting Overview - Online Class, is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
Public Contracting Overview - Online Class
Contact for Public Contracting Overview - Online Class
Office of the Inspector General - MCPPO program
Overview of Public Contracting Overview - Online Class
This 3-day class will provide an overview of the legal requirements for public contracting by local governmental entities, districts and authorities.
Public Contracting Overview is a recommended prerequisite class for Supplies and Services Contracting and Design and Construction Contracting and certain electives. The class includes practical, hands-on exercises that allow participants to apply their contracting knowledge and skills to common issues faced by procurement officials. The class ends with a multiple-choice exam.
- Prerequisite: None
- Class Level: Basic
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- Credits: 20
September 13, 14, 15, 2022 - Registration is closed.
October 11, 12, 13, 2022
November 1, 2, 3, 2022
December 6, 7, 8, 2022
February 7, 8, 9, 2023
March 7, 8, 9, 2023
April 4, 5, 6, 2023
May 2, 3, 4, 2023
June 6, 7, 8, 2023
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Registration closes two weeks before the self-paced portion of the class starts.
- Blackboard® or other virtual platform login details will be emailed to registrants.
- Legal requirements for public contracts
- Principal objectives of public purchasing
- Designer selection and construction bid laws
- Purchasing supplies and services under M.G.L. c. 30B
- Obtaining price quotes for smaller purchases
- Market research, value analysis and life-cycle cost analysis
- The purchasing cycle
- Drafting contract terms
- Blanket contracts and collective bargaining agreements
- Real property transactions (overview)
- Prevailing wage laws
- Centralized purchasing
- Public records law requirements
- Ethics laws and considerations