- Posted: April 10, 2023 6:22 p.m.
- Last Updated: April 10, 2023 6:22 p.m.
- This page, Public Meeting April 13, 2023, is offered by
- POST Commission
Public Meeting Notice Public Meeting April 13, 2023
Overview of Public Meeting April 13, 2023
In accordance with Sections 18-25 of Chapter 30A of the Massachusetts General Laws and Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, as amended by Chapter 22 of the Acts of 2022, and by Chapter 107 of the Acts of 2022, notice is hereby given of a meeting of the Peace Officer Standards and Training Commission.
The meeting will take place as noted below.
NOTICE OF MEETING AND AGENDA
Public Meeting #36 April 13, 2023 8:30 a.m.
Remote Participation via Zoom Meeting ID: 969 5999 9465
1) Call to Order
2) Approval of minutes
a. February 16, 2023
3) Executive Director Report – Enrique Zuniga
a. Administrative Update
b. Finance Update – CFAO Eric Rebello-Pradas
4) Legal Update – General Counsel Randall Ravitz
a. Proposed regulations re: Initial Certification of Officers; and Initial or Renewed Certification of Independently Applying Officers, Including Constables (555 CMR 9.00)
b. Proposed regulations re: Specialized Certification for School Resource Officers (555 CMR 10.00)
c. Draft guidance to Law Enforcement Agencies regarding certain aspects of 555 CMR 1.00: Procedural Rules
5) Matters not anticipated by the Chair at the time of posting
6) Executive Session in accordance with the following:
• M.G.L. c. 30A, § 21(a)(5), in anticipation of discussion regarding the investigation of charges of criminal misconduct;
• M.G.L. c. 30A, § 21(a)(7), combined with M.G.L. c. 6E, § 8(c)(2), and to the extent they may be applicable, M.G.L. c. 6, §§ 168 and 178, in anticipation of discussion regarding the initiation of preliminary inquiries and initial staff review related to the same, and regarding certain criminal offender record information; and
a. Division of Standards request approval to conduct Preliminary Inquiries in the following cases:
b. Update on the following preliminary inquiry matter:
c. Approval of commencement of revocation proceedings in the following cases: