- This page, Supplies and Services Contracting - Online Class, is offered by
- Office of the Inspector General
Supplies and Services Contracting - Online Class
Contact for Supplies and Services Contracting - Online Class
Office of the Inspector General - MCPPO program
Overview of Supplies and Services Contracting - Online Class
This online class provides an in-depth examination of procurements under M.G.L. c. 30B.
The Supplies and Services Contracting class is a nine-week asynchronous class. You may complete up to two modules each week at your own pace. The class includes hands-on exercises and supplemental activities designed to involve the student in the learning process. The class ends with a multiple-choice exam.
- Prerequisite: Completion of Public Contracting Overview is recommended, but not required.
- Class Level: Intermediate
- Instructional Method: Online - MCPPO Online Class Technical Specifications
- Advanced Prep: None
- This class is one of the three classes required to earn the MCPPO Designation. Once you complete all three classes, please submit the MCPPO designation application.
November 28 - January 3 - Registration is closed.
February 13 - March 19
April 24 - May 28
June 6 - July 9
Time: Self-paced 5-week class
- Registration closes two weeks before a class starts.
- Blackboard® login information will be emailed to registrants.
- Overview of M.G.L. c. 30B
- Writing effective specifications
- Obtaining price quotations for smaller purchases
- Obtaining best value using invitations for bids (IFBs)
- Creating and applying criteria to evaluate proposals
- Developing performance standards and measures
- Designing requests for proposals
- Common bidding challenges and how to resolve them
- Multi-year contracts, leases and lease-purchases
- Contract administration for supplies and services
- Dealing with contractor performance problems