Virtual Panel for Black Women's Equal Pay Day
Overview of Virtual Panel for Black Women's Equal Pay Day
The Office of the State Treasurer will be hosting a virtual conversation with Black women leaders from across Massachusetts to discuss Black Women’s Equal Pay Day. Treasurer Deborah Goldberg will make opening remarks followed by an in-depth conversation with the panelists about the wage gap Black women face in Massachusetts and what can be done to close this gap. The Treasurer’s team will cover their newly revamped EqualPayMA.com website and how it can empower employers and employees to work towards closing the wage gap. This conversation will be hosted virtually via Zoom and live-streamed to Facebook.
- Denella Clark, Chair, Massachusetts Commission on the Status of Women & CEO of Boston Arts Academy
- Shirley Edgerton, Community Activist & Educator
- Tammi Wortham, VP of Human Resources at Sun Life
- Deborah Goldberg, State Treasurer
- Alethea Harney, Treasurer’s Comms. Director