You will need:
General Rules & Provisions:
- Hunters are allowed to submit an application for both the permitted archery hunt and the controlled shotgun hunt. However, any hunter selected to participate in both hunts will be required to select which hunt they wish to participate in.
- You must possess a valid 2018 Massachusetts Hunting or Sporting License BEFORE you apply. Those who live in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts must also have a valid FID Card or License to Carry.
- Shotgun hunters will be allowed two (2) days to participate in the controlled hunt. You must choose which dates you prefer to hunt. For purposes of the random lottery, applicants will be grouped and selected according to the dates chosen on their application.
- You are only allowed to submit one (1) application for shotgun hunting. Please do not attempt to submit more than one application.
- As a shotgun hunter, you have the option to apply as an individual or to apply with a “co-applicant.” No more than two (2) names are allowed per application. In addition:
- If you are listed as a “primary applicant” on one application, you CANNOT be listed as a “co-applicant” on another application.
- Similarly, if you are listed as a “co-applicant” on one application, you CANNOT be listed as a “primary applicant” or a “co-applicant” on any other application.
- In other words, you CANNOT be listed on more than one application, regardless of whether you are a “primary applicant” or a “co-applicant.
- If you are under the age of 18 and are applying as a “primary applicant” you MUST include a “co-applicant” who is over the age of 21 and also possesses a valid 2018 Massachusetts Hunting License and FID or License to Carry.
- If you are under the age of 18 and are listed as a “co-applicant,” the “primary applicant” must be over the age of 21.
- All hunters selected during the permit drawing shall be subject to a background check by the Massachusetts Environmental Police. Hunters with significant recent game violations and/or a history of repeated game violations may be excluded from participation.
- Please type carefully and make sure all of the information you enter is accurate and correct.
- You must complete ALL SECTIONS of the application. Do not skip any items. Be sure to include the area code with your phone number. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or included in the application pool.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 14, 2018
2018 Controlled Hunt Dates:
- Week 1: Tuesday, November 27th & Thursday, November 29th
- Week 2: Tuesday, December 4th & Thursday, December 6th
Applicants will receive information via email regarding the date, time, and location of the permit drawing. As such, please be sure that you have entered your email address correctly.