Commonwealth employees must complete a one-time set up on their mobile device to sign up for MFA. Users who do not sign up for MFA will not have access to employee-facing services and applications, including Outlook, on any device outside of the Commonwealth’s network. See below for detailed set-up instructions.
- This page, Set up Multi-factor Authentication- IDAPTIVE, is offered by
- Executive Office of Technology Services and Security
Set up Multi-factor Authentication- IDAPTIVE
Table of Contents
Choose how to set up MFA on your mobile device
There are three possible ways to set up MFA on your mobile device.
- Download a mobile authenticator application | Receive PINs from an authenticator app on your smartphone (OATH OTP).
- Receive SMS/Text messages |Receive PINs from a SMS/Text Message on your mobile device.
- Receive a phone call/Enter PIN | Receive a phone call and enter your PIN.