Check out the personal health and wellness resources for Commonwealth employees.
This page, Wellness Resources for Commonwealth Employees, is offered by
Guide Wellness Resources for Commonwealth Employees
Table of Contents
- Maintaining Emotional Health & Well-Being During the COVID-19 Outbreak Courtesy of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health Resources The landing page for the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health website
- Mass4You EAP Benefits Mass4You is the Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) available for all active Commonwealth employees and their families
- COVID-19 Resources for Well-Being Facts, resources and tips for keeping employees educated, healthy, and engaged during COVID-19
- Mental Health and Psychosocial Considerations During the COVID-19 Outbreak Information and resources developed by the World Health Organization and US Department of Mental Health and Substance Use
- Mental Health and COVID-19, Information and Resources Courtesy of Mental Health America
- COVID-19 Resource and Information Guide A comprehensive guide courtesy of (NAMI) National Alliance for Mental Illness
- Handhold - new mental health resource for families. Courtesy of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health
- Do you or someone you know need help with an alcohol or drug problem? Learn more on recovery support services, courtesy of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- State Employees Responding As Volunteers Program. Get involved with the SERV program and volunteer at a Massachusetts non-profit organization.
- Ready to explore the great outdoors? Check out Massachusetts state parks here.
- EBT Card to Culture Program. The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) has partnered with Mass Cultural Council to offer free or discounted admissions to many of the Commonwealth's museums and cultural institutions.
- Explore your sense of wonder: The Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism curated a list of kid-friendly activities, attractions, and places to visit.
- Healthy relationships are built on respect, honesty, and open communication. Learn more on what makes relationships healthy or unhealthy and explore additional resources. Courtesy of the Governor’s Council to Address Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
- Promoting healthy relationships for youth. Resources for parents, teachers, coaches, and anyone interested in promoting healthy friendships or relationships among youth. Courtesy of the Governor’s Council to Address Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
- Economic Empowerment for All. Discover and learn more about financial wellness resources that are available. Courtesy of the Office of Economic Empowerment
- Start your financial education journey. Financial Education for Massachusetts Employees and Retirees. Courtesy of the Office of Economic Empowerment
Meditation and Mindfulness Resources
- Live and On-Demand Meditation Programs Discover the wide range of sessions taught by mindfulness experts.
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide from tenpercenthappier.com Includes meditations, podcasts, blog posts, and talks to help build resilience and find calm amidst the chaos. Join daily live guided meditations and take a virtual break from social distancing!
- Mindful - Healthy Mind, Healthy Life Mindfulness resources including live guided meditations, quick practices and free courses on how to meditate
- Nine Mindfulness Tips from Jon-Kabat-Zinn A video series on mindfulness from one of the world's leading Mind-Body experts
- Mindfulness Exercises for Health Care Workers Exercises for coping with COVID-19 stress and anxiety
- Calm Together A collection of meditations, sleep stories, movement exercises, journals, and music free to use and to share
- COVID-19 Mental Health Tips During a Quarantine Courtesy of Mass4You
- Virtual 30 minutes sessions (via Zoom) from Space2Meditate in Manhattan
Monday – Saturday, at 8 am EST
- Best Meditation Applications of 2021 - a variety of apps to suit your meditation and mindfulness needs.