Apply for a pharmacy controlled substance registration

Pharmacies, nuclear pharmacies, and wholesale distributors must apply to carry and handle controlled substances.

Board of Registration in Pharmacy

The Details

What you need

  • Applicant Name (Corporation)
  • Business Address
  • Registration Classification
    • Retail Drug Store (Pharmacy / Pharmacy Dept.)
    • Wholesale Distributor
    • Nuclear
  • FEIN Number
  • Current Drug Store Permit Number (if applicable)
  • Current Wholesale Distributor / Druggist License Number¬†(if applicable)


  • Pay by check or money order, payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
  • Fees are non-refundable
Name Fee Unit
Application for MA controlled substance registration $225 each
Handling charge for returned checks $23 each

How to apply

  1. Complete the form. It can be found below under the Downloads section.
  2. Include payment of fee
  3. Mail application, fee payment, and all other attachments to:

Board of Registration in Pharmacy
239 Causeway St.
Suite 200, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02114



239 Causeway St., 5th Floor, Suite 500, Boston, MA 02114
(617) 973-0980


Tell us what you think