Apply for a state parks special event permit

Want to hold a concert, charity walk, road race, small wedding or other special event in a Massachusetts state park? You need a special event permit.
Apply at least 45 days prior to event


Department of Conservation and Recreation

Community Relations (617) 626-4973

The Details

What you need

  • Download and complete the special event application form and fill it out. You will need to attach:
    • Event information, including route maps and site setup.
    • If you work for a non-profit, include a copy of your 501C3 determination letter.

You should also make a copy of the application for your records.

How to apply

Mail the application and fee (amount detailed in the application) to:


The Department of Conservation and Recreation

Attention: Office of Special Events

251 Causeway St., 9thFloor

Boston, MA 02114

Next steps

The Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) will review your application

  • If your event requires DCR staff, equipment, or services, you will be charged fees that must be paid before the event.
  • You must submit a certificate of liability insurance at least 14 days before the event.

Your permit will be mailed, emailed, or faxed to you. Please note that special event permits are often issued only a few days before the event.

More info

Production and Photography Permits

The DCR maintains many facilities throughout the state that provides a perfect backdrop for professional Photography, Film and/or Video. Permits are required.



Main Office
251 Causeway St., Suite 900, Boston, MA 02114
Community Relations (617) 626-4973
(617) 626-1351


Tell us what you think