Apply to sponsor apprentices
Contact for Apply to sponsor apprentices
Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS)
The Details of Apply to sponsor apprentices
What you need for Apply to sponsor apprentices
You may start your application by either applying directly online here or, for additional assistance, emailing the Division of Apprentice Standards (DAS) at John.firstname.lastname@example.org. We will schedule a virtual meeting to understand your business needs and guide you through the registration process.
Sponsors must have:
- Program standards as supplied by the Division or the Sponsor. Standards describe the guidelines of the program and may change the plan with the approval of the Director.
- You need a written apprentice intake policy for all apprenticeship programs.
As an example, this policy might include:
- Placing job requests with a MassHire Career Center
- Intake through a vocational school (articulation agreement)
- Print or electronic media
- Walk-ins or personal contacts
- A written related training program specifying the curriculum. We also need to know who will conduct the 150 hours of training for the term of the apprenticeship. You may conduct training in-house or contract a training provider approved by DAS.
- On the job work processes for the term of the apprenticeship. We can provide you with most work processes in the construction occupations.
Fees for Apply to sponsor apprentices
Payment must be made immediately following application submittal.
|Annual sponsor fee||$300||each|
|One-time dispensing optician fee||$40||each|
|Department of Public Licensure fee||$18||each|
How to apply Apply to sponsor apprentices
Effective July 1st, The Division of Apprentice Standards is now processing all Sponsor requests through our new online platform, the DAS ePlace Portal. All Sponsor Applications, Apprentice Agreements, and updates for Sponsor profiles or individual apprentices must be made via the portal. The Division is no longer accepting such requests that are emailed to email@example.com.
The DAS ePlace Portal can be accessed via https://elicensing.mass.gov/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx. Here you will be able to create an account and, if you have an existing program, link your profile to utilize the portal system. For technical assistance and access needs when using the EPlace portal, please reach out directly to DAS staff via firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617.275.3237.
More info for Apply to sponsor apprentices
All new programs will have a one-year probationary period.