Apply to sponsor apprentices
Contact for Apply to sponsor apprentices
Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS)
The Details of Apply to sponsor apprentices
What you need for Apply to sponsor apprentices
Start the application process by calling the Division of Apprentice Standards (DAS) office at (617) 626-5409 to schedule a meeting. We will schedule a meeting within two weeks of your call.
Sponsors must have:
- Program standards as supplied by the Division or the Sponsor. Standards describe the guidelines of the program and may change the plan with the approval of the Director.
- You need a written apprentice intake policy for all apprenticeship programs. As an example, this policy might include:
- Placing job requests with a MassHire Career Center
- Intake through a vocational school (articulation agreement)
- Print or electronic media
- Walk-ins or personal contacts
- A written related training program specifying the curriculum. We also need to know who will conduct the 150 hours of training for the term of the apprenticeship. You may conduct training in-house or contract a training provider approved by DAS.
- On the job work processes for the term of the apprenticeship. We can provide you with most work processes in the construction occupations.
Fees for Apply to sponsor apprentices
Payment must be made immediately following application submittal.
|Annual sponsor fee||$300||each|
|One-time dispensing optician fee||$40||each|
|Department of Public Licensure fee||$18||each|
How to apply Apply to sponsor apprentices
- Start the application process by calling the Division of Apprentice Standards' office at (617) 626-5409 to schedule a meeting. We will schedule a meeting within two weeks of your call.
- At this meeting, we will verify your place of business and explain the requirements for apprenticeship.
- You can see a sample sponsor application, standards and statutes, regulations, and policies on our website. We only accept original copies of the standards as supplied by staff.
- We will help you fill out the necessary forms and schedule a meeting at your place of business and the nearest MassHire Career Center. These meetings can occur at any point in the process before approval.
- At the Career Center meeting, staff will inform you of the available services. You do not need to register with the Career Center. You only need to know the Career Center services, location, and contact person.
More info for Apply to sponsor apprentices
All new programs will have a one-year probationary period.