Register as a personal caregiver with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program
Medical Use of Marijuana Program
What you need
Before registering as a personal caregiver, you will need:
- The PIN given to you by the registered qualifying patient
- Current, acceptable form of identification (ID)
- Current, accepted photograph of yourself
- If registering online, you may be able to use your MA RMV photo during the Upload Photo step.
For detailed instructions on how to register, review the caregiver registration step-by-step instructions.
See the clarification of caregivers and approved dispensaries for more information about your role as a personal caregiver.
How to register
Online registration through the Medical Use of Marijuana (MMJ) Online System is the fastest way enroll.
- The first time you register online, you will need to register with Virtual Gateway (VG).
- One you log in to VG, you can register with the MMJ Online System. Enter your username and password and select Medical Use of Marijuana System.
- This is also where you will be able to update your information
Paper registration is available for those who are unable to register online. This is a more lengthy process. Please call the Program at (617) 660-5370 to request a paper registration form.