Contact for Register for Basic School Resource Officer Course
Kevin Donnelly, Specialized Programs Coordinator
The Details of Register for Basic School Resource Officer Course
What you need for Register for Basic School Resource Officer Course
The Class will be conducted by the National Association of School Resource Officers (NASRO) and funded by the MPTC.
The course provides tools for officers to build positive relationships with both students and staff.
The course is also beneficial for educational professionals dedicated to providing a safe learning environment and provides a more in-depth understanding of the role and functions of an SRO.
The course emphasizes three main areas of instructions:
- Function of Law Enforcement – Instruction on the differences between law enforcement when conducted inside a school environment including understanding the teen brain and de-escalation techniques.
- Mentoring Students – Instruction designed to provide tools to be a positive role model for youth, including informal counseling techniques.
- Guest Speaking – Instruction on a variety of instructional techniques as well as classroom management tools to provide law-related education to students.
Attendees will gain a solid working knowledge of the School Resource Officer concept and how to establish a lasting partnership with their schools.
This course is five (5) days (40 hours) 8 AM to 5 PM
Dress Code: Business Casual
Please note seats are limited.
|February 24-28, 2020||Haverhill Police Department|
|April 20-24, 2020||Millis Police Department|
How to register Register for Basic School Resource Officer Course
Login to the MPTC Acadis Portal to register for this class.
An active user account is required to enroll in MPTC training in this portal.
Any active police officer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or other authorized user can request an account and access to the portal.
- To request an account contact your agency head or designee.
- If you are not employed by an enrolled department and feel you qualify for a portal user account, send your request detailing the reasons to MPTCAcadis@mass.gov