Register for CPR/First Responder Instructor Certification Training
Contact for Register for CPR/First Responder Instructor Certification Training
Neal Hovey, MPTC CPR and First Responder Statewide Coordinator
The Details of Register for CPR/First Responder Instructor Certification Training
What you need for Register for CPR/First Responder Instructor Certification Training
Prior to attending the MPTC CPR/FR Instructor Program:
- Instructor Candidates are expected to be thoroughly familiar with the material covered in the Initial First Responder Certification Program.
- Instructor Candidates should also be thoroughly familiar with the material covered in the last 3 First Responder in-service training programs.
- Instructor candidates are expected to be thoroughly familiar with the material and proficient at performing the skills of Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (CPR).
- Instructor candidates should be thoroughly familiar and able to capably demonstrate the skills required to properly apply a hemostatic dressing, administer naloxone, administer an epinephrine autoinjector, perform cardiocerebral resuscitation, and demonstrate other first responder skills as required by the program.
- Instructor candidates must successfully pass a CPR/First Responder skills assessment. This will be scheduled approximately 3 weeks prior to the start of the MPTC First Responder Instructor Program.
The following actions should be completed prior to start of the course:
- Register on the AHA instructor Network
- Completion Certificate from AHA BLS Instructor Essentials Online AHA Item Number: 15-1420
The following Items should be brought with you to the course:
- AHA Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Package – 1 per department - AHA Item Number: 15-1012
- Pollock, Andrew, Emergency Medical Responder, Sixth Edition, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, 2016 ISBN: 9781284134186 - 1 per department
- ECSI Healthcare Provider CPR, 9781284105698
- Valid and current BLS for HCP Provider Card (CPR) Or a letter from your training officer stating that your certification is current.
- Valid and current First Responder Card OR a letter from your training officer stating that your certification is current.
- (Last 3 years of in-service) Or a current EMT certification
- Please bring with you on Day 1 - a new/unused 8 Gigabyte or larger USB Flash Drive
(USB 2.0 is acceptable 3.0 is preferred)
- During the week you must have access to Microsoft PowerPoint (to work on your presentation) and an Internet Connection (to access the AHA Instructor Network, ECSI Instructor page, and complete a QuikClot training module.
This course is a 5 day Instructor Certification program required for those interested in teaching CPR/AED/First Responder within your department or for all MPTC programs (Recruit, Reserve, In-Service & Specialized Training). The instructor course curriculum is designed to teach the instructor candidates how to teach, manage and conduct a CPR/First Responder class.
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
|Pre-Skills Assessment - Mandatory - 9 AM - 1 PM
Training location: Boylston Police Academy, 221 Main Street, Boylston, MA 01505
Monday, October 22 through
Attendance at all 5 days is required for successful completion of this program.
How to register Register for CPR/First Responder Instructor Certification Training
To register by fax:
Print and complete the Application for Instructor Certification (Internet Explorer browser required)
Fax your completed form to Neal Hovey at (978) 774-0004
To register by e-mail:
Print and complete the MPTC Instructor Certification Application (Internet Explorer browser required)
E-mail your completed form to Neal Hovey firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact Neal Hovey with questions regarding this course by email: email@example.com
More info about Register for CPR/First Responder Instructor Certification Training
The following item will be required to instruct ECSI courses to students other than police officers: