Register for Drug Recognition Expert
Contact for Register for Drug Recognition Expert
Sergeant Donald Decker (Ret), Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
The Details of Register for Drug Recognition Expert
What you need for Register for Drug Recognition Expert
- The candidate MUST be certified in NHTSA-approved SFST
- An SFST certificate must accompany their application.
- Candidates must have successfully completed the Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) course
- Candidates will need the recommendation of at least one Massachusetts Certified DRE.
- Students should have endorsement from their chief and/or training supervisor.
- The candidate must agree to a commitment to the DRE program, and remain certified for a period of at least five years from the time of initial certification.
- An applicant interview will be conducted prior to the candidate being accepted into the program.
Franklin Fire Department Training Center
June 17 - 27, 2019 The deadline to apply is May 26, 2019
8:00 am to 5:00 pm (2 days are 10:00 am - 7:30 pm)
- Franklin Fire Department - Training Center
49 W. Central St. Franklin MA
Arizona : (required travel for all to successfully complete the program)
Dates: March 31 - April 5, 2019 or April 7 - 12, 2019 (each student will attend one of those weeks)
How to register Register for Drug Recognition Expert
- Registration will be completed online via the MPTC Acadis Portal
An active user account is required to enroll in MPTC training in this portal.
Any active police officer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or other authorized user can request an account and access to the portal. To request an account contact your agency head or designee. If you are not employed by an enrolled department and feel you qualify for a portal user account, send your request detailing the reasons to MPTCAcadis@mass.gov