Register for Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
Contact for Register for Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
Vacant, Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
The Details of Register for Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
What you need for Register for Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
- The candidate must be a full time sworn officer
- The candidate must have experience testifying in court, in impaired driving cases
- Candidates MUST have successfully completed the Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement (ARIDE) course. Please provide the date and location of training to confirm you have completed this course.
Candidates will need the recommendation of at least one Massachusetts Certified DRE. It is required that you upload a written recommendation in this portal.
- Students should have endorsement from their chief and/or training supervisor. It is required that you upload a written endorsement in this portal.
- Candidate interview will be conducted prior to the candidate being accepted into the program. Please check the box to agree that you will participate in the interview.
- Candidate MUST be certified in NHTSA-approved SFST training. Please provide the date, location and if applicable certificate of completion of the SFST training.
- Candidate MUST agree to a commitment to the DRE program, and remain certified for a period of at least five years from the time of initial certification.
Franklin Fire Department Training Center
01/27/2020 - 02/06/2020 The deadline to apply is January 6, 2020
8:00 am to 5:00 pm (2 days are 10:00 am - 7:30 pm)
- Franklin Fire Department - Training Center
49 W. Central St. Franklin MA
In addition to registering in the MPTC Acadis portal all applicants are required to submit the DRE application (found in the "Downloads" section of this description) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please visit http://www.massdre.org/
Arizona : (required travel for all to successfully complete the program)
Dates: TBA (There will be two weeks scheduled. Each student will attend one of those weeks)
How to register Register for Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)
- Registration will be completed online via the MPTC Acadis Portal
An active user account is required to enroll in MPTC training in this portal.
Any active police officer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts or other authorized user can request an account and access to the portal. To request an account contact your agency head or designee. If you are not employed by an enrolled department and feel you qualify for a portal user account, send your request detailing the reasons to MPTCAcadis@mass.gov