All Firearms Instructor's Certification expire after one year and must be renewed to maintain certification.
Register for Firearms Instructor Recertification Training
This course is a recertification training requirement for current certified firearms instructors to maintain their instructor level.
Contact for Register for Firearms Instructor Recertification Training
Bill Leanos, MPTC Firearms Coordinator
The Details of Register for Firearms Instructor Recertification Training
What you need for Register for Firearms Instructor Recertification Training
- LEAD FREE PRIMERS or CLEAN FIRE AMMO ONLY.
- You must submit a MPTC Application for Training. This includes classes sponsored by MLEFIAA.
- If you are not on the roster - you will not shoot.
- All re-qualifying instructors MUST provide proof of completing the Distance Learning component.
The Basic Firearms Instructor Qualification (Level I) will allow the instructor to recertify law enforcement personnel in his/her department or neighboring departments.
|Raynham PD Range||May 14, 2018||Full- Not accepting any new applications|
|Pittsfield PD Rand||TBA|
|Manchester Range||May 31, 2018|
|Lexington PD Range||April 17, 2018||Full-Not accepting an new applications.|
|Boston PD - Moon Island||August 7, 2018|
|Lexington PD Range||July 30, 2018|
|Manchester Range||July 10, 2018|
Level II Instructors are authorized to teach any firearms Level I program and Basic Reserve Intermittent Firearms Program. A Level II Instructor may assist with a Recruit Academy Firearms Programs or with a Firearms Recertification with Level III Instructors.
|LOCATION||DATES/ 9 a.m. start||INFORMATION|
|Raynham PD Range||
May 15, 2018
|Lead free ammo only|
|Raynham PD Range||May 11, 2018 * 8:30 a.m. start||Cancelled|
|Pittsfield PD Range||TBA|
|Lexington PD Range||
May 1, 2018
|Lexington PD Range||June 26, 2018*||*Upgrade (max 20 applicants)|
|Lexington PD Range||July 31, 2018|
|Boston PD - Moon Island||August 21, 2018|
|Manchester Range||July 12, 2018|
Level III Firearms Instructors are authorized to teach any MPTC Firearms subject under Level I & II. Level III Firearms Instructors are Lead Firearms Instructors for MPTC. They are authorized to teach MPTC Recruit Firearms Curriculum and recertify MPTC Level I & II Firearms Instructors.
|LOCATION||DATES/ 9 a.m. start||INSTRUCTIONS|
|Raynham PD Range||May 22, 2018 8:30 start||Lead free ammo only.|
|Pittsfield PD Range||TBA|
|Lexington PD Range||TBA|
|Boston PD - Moon Island||September 4, 2018|
How to register Register for Firearms Instructor Recertification Training
- E-mail the completed application to Bill Leanos, Statewide Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Raynham PD Range include email@example.com.
- Be sure to include a valid Email address to ensure you can access your certificate.
- The Distance Learning component is once again a requirement for the Level I Firearms Instructor Re-qualification. Proof of successful completion must be provided to complete your qualification.