Submit a public records request

Learn how to submit a public records request to the Sex Offender Registry Board.

Primary Records Access Officer

The Details of Submit a public records request

What you need for Submit a public records request

Here are a few tips when building your public records request:

  • When requesting public records, please provide a reasonable description of the records sought and a preferred format, if any, for receiving public records that are available in electronic form.
  • Public agencies must adhere to the law requiring them to secure personally identifiable information and prevent unwarranted invasions of privacy. Documents containing such information must be redacted carefully before releasing, expanding time needed for production. Consider how you might revise your PRR to exclude records containing such information.
  • Consider how you can narrow the scope of your request to expedite the production process. The first 4 hours of work performed to respond to a PRR will be performed at no cost. After that, the agency may charge up to $25 per hour.

How to request Submit a public records request

The Sex Offender Registry Board encourages you to make a public records request (PRR) online.

You can submit an online request here.

You can also email our Records Access Officer.

When using this feature please include your contact information in the body of the email request. Failure to do so may limit the Board’s ability to respond.

Telephone requests may be accepted at the discretion of the RAO. You can reach our Records Access Officer at (978) 740-6400.

You can also submit a public records request via mail. Please send your requests to:

William Burke, Primary RAO

Sex Offender Registry Board

P.O Box 302

North Billerica, MA 01862

Contact for Submit a public records request