Fall 2019: Complete all utility underground. Complete majority of sidewalk reconstruction. New street lighting equipment will be installed.
Winter 2019/2020: Installation of new traffic signal equipment and mast arms.
Spring 2020: Landscaping, new signage, mill and pave. Energize new street lighting and traffic signals.
Summer 2020: Punch list items and project close out.
- New concrete sidewalks/ramps - approximately 95% complete
- New street lighting & traffic signal work - 95% complete
- Interconnected Traffic Signals Norfolk to Gallivan
- Replace Pedestrian Signals & Pushbuttons Norfolk & Evans
- New Street Lighting West Selden to Gallivan
- New Pavement Surface, Sidewalks, and Driveways West Selden to Gallivan
- Introduce Bicycle Lanes West Selden to Gallivan
- Replace Traffic Signal at West Selden
- New Traffic Signal at Gallivan
- Work to begin June 2019
- First operations will be signage and other initial work
- Work Hours: 7AM to 4PM
- Some work must be done at night but for short periods
- Utility companies may be working at night
- Completion date June 2020
- Cannot close a lane between: 6AM 10AM and 3PM 7PM
- One travel lane in each direction will be open at all times
- Close coordination with Boston Fire Department
- Detours during sidewalk reconstruction
- Detours will have clear signage and guide pedestrians to the nearest crosswalk
- Bus stops may be temporarily relocated during sidewalk work
- Our goal is to have all temporary stops located within 100 feet of the existing stop
Public Pre-Construction Meeting, May 2019 (PDF 5.26 MB)
Boston, MA 02116