Friday, May 29, 2020
District Court Issues Standing Order 6-20
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Supreme Judicial Court Amends e-Filing Fees to Apply Only for Initial Case Filing
- The Supreme Judicial Court has approved several amendments to Rule 1:25: Massachusetts Rules of Electronic Filing that were proposed by the Trial Court. Rule 1:25 relates to general procedures of electronic filing in Massachusetts trial and appellate courts. The amendments, which were posted for public comment, are intended to facilitate the system-wide implementation of e-filing, streamline court procedures, and reduce administrative burden on local courts so they can better serve the public. Click here to read more.
Trial Court Issues Emergency Administrative Order 20-9
- The Trial Court has issued Emergency Administrative Order 20-9: Trial Court Order supplementing the Supreme Judicial Court second updated order regarding court operations under the exigent circumstances created by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic (issued May 27, 2020, effective June 1, 2020).
Boston Municipal Court Issues Standing Order 7-20
- Boston Municipal Court Standing Order 7-20: Limiting appearances in Boston Municipal Courthouses due to COVID-19 pandemic (effective June 1, 2020)
Juvenile Court Issues Standing Order 7-20
- Juvenile Court Standing Order 7-20: Extension of emergency court operations under the exigent circumstances created by COVID-19 (effective June 1, 2020)
Land Court Issues Standing Order 6-20
- Land Court Standing Order 6-20: Updated & restated emergency measures in response to coronavirus outbreak (issued May 27, 2020 (effective June 1, 2020)
Probate and Family Court Issues Amended Standing Order 2-20
- Probate and Family Court Standing Order 2-20: Court operations under the exigent circumstances created by COVID-19 (amended May 27, 2020, effective June 1, 2020)
Superior Court Issues Standing Order 7-20
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Trial Court Partners With City of Chelsea and Chelsea Collaborative to Hold Virtual Town Meeting
- On Friday, May 29, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Massachusetts Trial Court, the City of Chelsea, and the Chelsea Collaborative will host a virtual town hall meeting to address concerns the Chelsea community has regarding access to the courts and to resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. The meeting will start with opening remarks by Trial Court Chief Justice Paula Carey, followed by a panel presentation and public question and answer session. The panel will include: Chelsea City Manager Tom Ambrosino; Chelsea District Court First Justice Matthew Machera; Probate and Family Court Deputy Court Administrator Linda Medonis; Chief Probation Officer Carmen Gomez; Acting Director of Support Services Sybil Martin; and Court Service Center Circuit Manager Jorge Colon. Other panelists will include a doctor, police officer, legal aid attorney, and assistant district attorney.
The session will include both Spanish and English speakers and be livestreamed online at: www.facebook.com/thechelseacollaborative.
Housing Court Issues Amended Standing Order 5-20
- The Housing Court today issued amended Standing Order 5-20: Further modifications to Housing Court operations due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak (effective June 1, 2020).
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Supreme Judicial Court Issues Two Orders, Press Release Regarding State Court Operations in June During the Pandemic
The SJC today issued the following:
- Press Release - Supreme Judicial Court Issues Order Regarding State Court Operations in June During the Pandemic
- Supreme Judicial Court second updated order regarding court operations under the exigent circumstances created by the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic (issued May 26, 2020, effective June 1, 2020)
- Comparison of Supreme Judicial Court's June 1 and May 4 COVID-19 Orders
- Supreme Judicial Court order regarding remote depositions (issued and effective May 26, 2020)
Appeals Court Issues Administrative Orders
Monday, May 25, 2020
No new updates today.