Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA
- To find a bus or subway stop near you, visit the above link, and then click on the “Schedules & Maps” section located at the top of the page.
- To find out more about reduced fares for people with disabilities, visit the following link and scroll down to “Persons with Disabilities”: www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/reduced_fare_programs/
Regional Transit Authorities (RTA)
- To find the RTA in your area, visit the above link, and select a Transit Authority based on your location.
- Contact your RTA to find out if they offer reduced fares for people with disabilities, and how to purchase these reduced fares.
- The RIDE provides door-to door transportation to eligible people who cannot use general public transportation all or some of the time, because of a physical, cognitive or mental disability. The fare for a one-way trip is $2.00, regardless of the area traveled.
- To find out more information about The RIDE, visit the following website: www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/accessible_services . Once on the website, click the link that says “The Office for Transportation Access—THE RIDE.”
- Contact the Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) for more information.
Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV)
- To see a complete listing of RMV branches, please visit the following link: https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-registry-of-motor-vehicles/locations?page=1
- Obtaining a Class D Permit and License https://www.mass.gov/passenger-class-d-drivers-licenses
- Booking a Road Test https://www.mass.gov/how-to/schedule-your-road-test
- Obtaining a Massachusetts ID www.mass.gov/how-to/apply-for-a-massachusetts-identification-card-mass-id
- Voter Registration https://www.mass.gov/service-details/motor-voter-program