Registered Independent Testing Laboratories
The following is a list of Independent Testing Laboratories (ITL) registered with the Cannabis Control Commission (CCC) to conduct testing of marijuana for medical use for Registered Marijuana Dispensaries (RMD) in Massachusetts. Please note that testing capabilities vary by ITL. Contact the ITL directly to learn about its testing capabilities.
If you have questions about the registration of ITLs, please email ITLCompliance@state.ma.us.
Guidance for Independent Testing Laboratories
ITLs are responsible for being familiar with the following guidance and the CCC Testing Protocols. Please review all guidance documents and Protocols in full.
Guidance related to product testing for Registered Marijuana Dispensaries
Cannabis Control Commission Testing Protocols
- Protocol for Sampling and Analysis of Finished Medical Marijuana Products and Marijuana-Infused Products for Massachusetts Registered Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Exhibit 1: Overview of Medical Marijuana Production
- Exhibit 2: Contaminants of Concern and Testing Requirements for Medical Marijuana Products
- Exhibit 3: Representative Sample Program Design
- Exhibit 4: Analysis Requirements and Recommended Limits for Metals in Finished Medical Marijuana Products
- Exhibit 5: Minimum Analysis Requirements for Residues of Pesticides and Plant Growth Regulators Commonly Used in Cannabis Cultivation
- Exhibit 6: Analysis Requirements for Microbiological Contaminants and Mycotoxins in Medical Marijuana Products
- Exhibit 7: Concentration Limits for Residual Solvents
- Exhibit 8: Actions in Response to Laboratory Analytical Results
- Protocol for Sampling and Analysis of Environmental Media for Massachusetts Registered Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Exhibit 1: Sampling and Analysis Requirement Flow Chart
- Exhibit 2: Soils/Solids Sampling Frequency and Analyses
- Exhibit 3: Water Sampling Frequency and Analyses
- Exhibit 4: Analysis Details – Soil and Solid Growing Media
- Exhibit 5: Analysis Details – Water
- Exhibit 6: Actions for Environmental Media Analysis Prior to Cultivation
- Exhibit 7: Action for Ongoing Monitoring of Environmental Media